How to adjust Chevy and Ram tow mirrors? Towing mirrors are a ubiquitous part of trucks. We usually use them when reversing, changing lanes, or turning. But its function is relatively simple, so most people will ignore its use method. Today this article will teach you the correct way to adjust truck tow mirrors.
4 steps to adjust truck tow mirrors
- How to adjust ram tow mirrors？
- How to adjust chevy tow mirrors？
Step 1: Adjust the center towing mirror in the truck.
Adjust it to the rear window glass to ultimately appear on the rear-view mirror; Adjust the center towing mirror to see the four corners of the rear windshield.
- Points: The driver usually ignores the central towing mirror in the truck. Its role is no less than the left and right towing mirrors. Except when there are people in the back seat, you also need to observe the truck's condition behind through the center rear-view mirror when you brake suddenly.
Step 2: Adjust the left towing mirror slightly.
Tilt your head to the left side glass of the driver until you can see the rear of your truck in the left towing mirror. Fine-tune the effect of a smooth transition from the inside towing mirror to the left towing mirror.
- Points: You should first change the seat position before adjusting it. The left towing mirror can be adjusted in four directions: up, down, left, and right. Firstly, adjust left and right to the body 1/4 of the mirror. Next, change the up and down direction to the sky and the ground, each occupying 1/2.
Step 3: Adjust the right towing mirror slightly.
Tilt your head to the right side of the driver's seat, with the same amount of tilt as the left side, until you can see the rear of the truck just now.
- Points: The right towing mirror can also be adjusted in four directions, up, down, left, and right. Adjust left, and right to 1/4 of the mirror-like the left towing mirror. The up and down direction is adjusted so that the sky occupies 1/3 of the mirror and the ground occupies 2/3.
Step 4: Observation results.
Now, let's see what happened!
When a car passes behind you, you can first see it in the towing mirror of the vehicle. When it overtakes from the left (right) side, you will find it gradually moves from the inside mirror to the left (right) side mirror. While its light disappears from your inside mirror, you can see it in the left (right) towing mirror, and there is no blind spot in between.
The above tow mirrors adjustment method also applies to Dodge and Chevrolet pickups. Adjust truck tow mirrors will change your driving habits in this way. So you have to get used to observing the inside mirrors first in the truck, then the left and right towing mirrors are different from before! The good news is that the blind spot has disappeared! Correct adjustment can help the driver better observe the road conditions reduce the blind spot of the visual field and risk. YITAMOTOR is a professional auto parts supplier, and please feel free to check our shop for high-quality truck tow mirrors.