For years, the tonneau cover has been the best-selling truck product in the aftermarket auto parts. And the high-strength product protection and neat appearance make the pickup tonneau cover with a toolbox all the rage.
As the proportion of most midsize and full-size pickup trucks increases, they also need to become easier to install. Tonneau covers with a toolbox, whether retractable, foldable, hard-top, or soft-top.
You can find three valuable additions: a temporary clamp, a semi-permanent clamp, or a tonneau cover with a hinged.
Finding the right equipment at home may only take an hour. Have do-it-yourself experience.
Let's start! Follow the guide below to install a tonneau cover with a toolbox.
How to install a tonneau cover with a tool box？
Before installing your tonneau cover with a toolbox, park the truck on a flat, stable surface so it doesn't slip.
Start by opening and inspecting your package to see if it contains the manufacturer's instructions and necessary parts and mounting hardware.
You can check the installation manual for your tonneau cover kit to see if you need additional tools.
What do you need:
- Phillips screwdriver
- Wide nose pliers
- tonneau cover kit
Installing a tonneau cover usually requires basic workshop tools such as a screwdriver, wrench, or pliers.
1. The first step is to install the support rod. Next, place the tonneau cover inside the rails of the truck bed and align the small panels with the mounting slots on the metal brackets.
2. Then, use machine screws and threaded posts to attach the ends of the buckles to the pre-drilled holes in the small panel.
3. Remove the cab bumper, install one on each end of the first folded panel, then add one in the center of the cover on the cab rear window frame.
4. Remove the two flat bolts with rubber washers and insert them into the metal brackets' small panel.
5. Before doing the same with the lock washers, remove the two knobs along with the flat washers on the bolts. Loosely tighten each knob on the bolt.
6. Unfold and adjust the cover to fit the edge of the tailgate. Once set and properly aligned, unfold the cover again and finish tightening the knobs on the bolts.
7. Finally, use a drill to drill a hole in each rubber plug near the bottom of the spacer. Next, insert one end of the hose into the fitting on the rail and place the other end of the hose into the hole you drilled.
8. Repeat the same steps on the other side.
All right! This is done! You've got it all about installing a tonneau cover with a toolbox.